You can decide how much or little time you wish to give and which age range you work with. There are four age ranges (sections) in a Scout Group:
- Squirrel Scouts (4 – 6 years)
- Beaver Scouts (6 – 8 years)
- Cub Scouts (8 – 10.5 years)
- Scouts (10.5 – 14 years)
- Explorer Scouts (14 – 18 years)
As part of a leadership team, you will help plan, organise and deliver a balanced programme of activities, events and experiences, based around three main themes: outdoor and adventure, skills and world. In each section, a range of badges and awards support all aspects of Scouting, including leadership, teamwork and personal development.
We also need adults to provide admin support and we have an active Scout Active Support Unit to help with events.
- You’ll have fun and feel rewarded
- You’ll learn new skills
- You’ll make new friends
- You’ll add to your CV and have the opportunity to gain qualifications
- You’ll make a difference and give something back to your community.
- You’ll get a guaranteed space for your child in the group if you help regularly as a uniformed leader (see joining policy).
Love camping, walking, being outdoors and inspiring young people. Then this is the perfect match for you. Prior experience or a connection with Scouting is not necessary and we welcome people from all backgrounds.
About 1st Prague Scout Group
1st Prague Scouts offers fun, challenge and adventure to young people aged 4 to 18. Scouting exists to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society. Adult volunteers must follow the policies of The Scout Association, which can be found at www.scouts.org.uk
- Administration and Office
- General Helping
- Practical Skills
- No – Salary – this is an unpaid volunteer role
- Yes – availability of government-funded volunteer leave from your employer (after 1 year of service).
- Yes – Criminal Records Check required – Criminal Record Check Process
- Yes – Equal Opportunities Policy
- Yes – Expenses reimbursed
- Yes – Free adult uniform if in a leader role
- Yes – Health and Safety Policy
- Yes – Ongoing support
- Yes – Training provided
- Yes – Volunteer induction
- Yes – Volunteer Policy
- Yes – Volunteers covered by insurance